SPICY CAULIFLOWER SOUP

January 27, 2019

There’s nothing better for me than on a cold winter day devouring a warming bowl of homemade soup to keep me happy. I will admit that I’m not a big fan of store bought soup so I think it’s well worth making your own and it really doesn’t take long at all and will taste infamously better. I like to make in batches and freeze so I always have some deliciousness waiting for me. 

 So heres my recipe for Spicy Cauliflower Soup. I adore the blend of the spices its so warming and with the coconut milk it tastes heavenly. I love heat but if you like it a bit milder leave out the cayenne pepper as you could add a little when served. 



serves 6-8 

2 tbsp Olive oil 
2 white onions
1 chili
1 potato 
4 garlic cloves 

1 can coconut milk 
2 cauliflower heads, chopped small
2 tsp ground coriander 
3 tsp cumin 
2 tsp turmeric 
1 tsp cayenne pepper 
1 pint stock, homemade is the best

Serve with:

Wedge of lime
Handful of coriander. 

Chop up the onions, chili, potato, and garlic. I used a food processor as it makes it super quick.

Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the chopped onion, chili, potato and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. 

On a low heat add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne pepper and fry for another 5 minutes. Make sure you give it a good mix. 

Add in the cauliflower followed by the stock and coconut milk.

Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. 

Season to taste with salt and pepper. Feel free to add some extra cayenne pepper if you like a little extra heat as I do. 

Take off the heat and leave to cool. 

Puree the soup in blender. I pureed mine in batches using a Nutri bullet to get it extra smooth. 

If you’re ready to tuck in to your soup pop back in the pan and heat through gently. 

 Serve with a wedge of lime, a handful of coriander, and a slice of your favorite sourdough.

 Making ahead:
 Put in freezable containers.
Leave to cool and then they’re ready for the freezer. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe